CVHS Yearbook Current and Future Students
2016-2017 CVHS Yearbook Student Survey
1. Yearbook is "an easy A". (Think again, you will have to work hard to earn a good grade in this class.)
2. Yearbook is a slack-off, hang-out class. (Think again, you will be busy every single day, and when your work for the day is complete, you will get started on tomorrow’s, there is no rest until the yearbook is done!)
3. Yearbook is a book only for Seniors. (Think again, our yearbook should, and does, include the whole school. It is your job to make sure the whole school is reflected in the yearbook. Remember one of our goals is to sell the yearbook to ALL students and faculty.)
4. Only a few people in the class actually get to do the book. (Think again, each person in this class will contribute in many ways to this year’s yearbook.)
1. The CVHS Yearbook is 320 pages long, in full color. The sections of the yearbook are as follows: -Student Life, Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen, Faculty and Staff, Academic Life, Events, Sports, Clubs and Organizations, Senior Ads
2.. The yearbook is published and distributed at some point during May.
3. Mrs. Kiel is the Yearbook Advisor. She will choose one overall Editor-in-Chief(s), a Copy Editor, and a Section Editor for each of the yearbook sections named above. Each Section Editor will have a small staff (between 2 and 5 people) underneath him/her to help create that
4. The photographs that comprise the yearbook are a combination of pictures taken by professionals at Lifetouch Studios, pictures taken by you, the staff members (both with the yearbook camera and with your own cameras), and pictures we collect from other students in the school.
5. Walsworth is the publisher of our yearbook. We use Walsworth’s computerized graphic design system to complete the layout of the book. Our representative from Walsworth will stop by periodically to check our progress and to offer guidance and assistance as we need it. The cost of the yearbook will be included in the Senior Packet. (You may purchase a yearbook separately if you do not order a Senior Packet.)
There is no budget for the yearbook. We make our money through two main sources: yearbook sales and the Senior Ad Section. This year we will hold fundraisers to raise money for our program. One of our first objectives is to sell the remaining yearbooks from previous years.
Becoming a Yearbook Staffer Info
Marketing & Sales
Yearbook Spread Info
Semester Two - Choices
USING GRAPHIC DESIGN IN YEARBOOK
Quote: "White space can be used in the design of our lives as well, not just the design of magazines and websites and ads. By using white space in our lives, we create space, balance, emphasis on what’s important, and a feeling of peace that we cannot achieve with a more cramped life."
Headlines, Subtitles & Copy
Headlines & Titles
Writing Yearbook Headlines
Collecting Information & Interviewing
Collecting Information and Interviewing for the Yearbook Story
What Makes Good Yearbook Copy
Writing Effective Yearbook Copy